Safety and Protocol Guidelines for Morning Drop Off
If you are driving your child to school, you have two drop off options:
- Use the designated drop off area facing the bus loop. Please wait in line and pull up as far as you can in the Student Drop Off area.
- Have your child exit from the left side of the car.
- Do not get out of your car.
- Do not park in this area. It is a no parking zone.
- Say your good byes while waiting in line so your child can exit the car quickly.
- Teach your child to unbuckle their seat belt and open the car door. These are important safety skills for elementary school age children.
- Once your child has left your car, move out of the drop off area as quickly and safely as possible.
- Park in one of the legally designated parking spots and walk with your child to the school front door. Refer to the Parking Diagram on the back of this page for legally designated parking spots.
- Only park and walk your child into school if you are going into school or helping your child to carry something into school.
- Do not park to save time waiting in the drop off line. It doesn’t save you time. It tremendously slows down the drop off line because the cars have to stop for parents and children crossing in front of them.
General Safety and Protocol Guidelines for the School Parking Lot:
- Please be mindful of the one-way arrows for entering and exiting the parking lot.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult when walking across the parking lot. Keep children close at hand and be careful when walking out from between cars.
- Cars should not pull into the circle (front of the building area) when buses are dropping off or picking up students. The timeframe between 8:15 – 9:15 am. and 2:45 – 3:45 pm. is reserved for buses.
- Never drop your child off at the front door and have them cross in front of or between buses.
- Do not drop your child off on Clarksville Road, have them walk across the front lawn and cross in front of the buses.
- Do not pull into the kindergarten circle during morning drop off. This area is for staff and buses only.
- Do not park in the student drop off area.
- Please be respectful of handicap parking in front of the school. This should not be used for convenience purposes of dropping off students or school materials.